Saturday, February 28, 2009

And now you've buttered your bread

I'm still learning how to use the camera on my mobile phone (yes, I now have a mobile phone, the first one I've ever had), so I apologize for the picture quality - I think I didn't focus correctly.

The English says "Do NOT Put Butter Before Baking".  Now, I don't read Thai, but my best guess is it says "The English on this label tells silly foreigners to not butter their bread before putting it in the toaster.  Thank you for your time".

Silly foreigners.  I wish I could say I've never buttered bread before putting it into the toaster, but if the shoe fits...

2 comments:

Matthew Bey said...

have you ever put mayo on bread and then toasted it? it's awesome. but i think you need a toaster oven.

Chris said...

i haven't put mayo on bread before toasting it, but i can now say i have after toasting it - there's a bottle of mayo next to the toaster in the office and a lot of locals put mayo on their toast. i was skeptical at first, but i tried it - delicious.

now i have put butter on my bread before toasting it, but that's a story for another time. (we actually also someone do just that at the hotel in redmond in december - it started smoking and started a little fire in the toaster -- kids, don't try that at home)