Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hello kitty!


Hello kitty is everywhere in Asia.  I always love to see what new products she's on - really, she sells just about everything.  Here she is, guarding the soap.  My goal is to find the most obscure Hello kitty branding, but I'm not even sure what that would be, since I'm having trouble thinking of something I haven't seen her on.  Maybe dump truck tires or power lines.  Or concrete.  I haven't seen Hello kitty brand concrete - yet.

I can't help but imagine that there is an organized crime ring behind the Hello kitty company.  A Hello kitty mafia.  Like if you don't buy enough Hello kitty stuff, or (god forbid) if you produce Hello kitty knock-offs, then one day you get a knock at your door, and you open it, and some guy without a neck wants to have a little chat.  

I get the same feeling when I see Mickey Mouse - go figure.

No comments: