Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chiang Mai - signs II

It could be Chicago.
We didn't go inside the elephant showroom to see if the 2010 models were in yet.
Cer
tain
ly
a
ve
ry
nice
sign
This billboard showed air quality metrics. It cycled through a couple chemical compounds (carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, etc) we knew, but PM10 stumped us. It turns out it stands for particular matter, so I suppose we weren't as asleep in Chemistry class as we felt.

All of the metrics were happy faces, which I assume means it was safe to breathe.
It's probably not fair, but an image flashed into my head of Tom Po beating them all handily.
Yup, the Hello Kitty mafia is alive and well even in the north. You want a ride to the airport - kitty gotta take her cut. If my blog posts ever stop abruptly one day, you'll know I was paid a visit by one of her cute pink hit kitties.

A sign at the hotel protecting its nice smell.

No comments: