Sunday, March 15, 2009

Geez, am I really wearing Crocs


I swore up and down I would never be caught dead in Crocs.  I told Sam that hers looked silly, and no way, no how, would I ever wear them.  Then I moved to Thailand, and learned that a significant part of the year it would rain incessantly.  And that I would need to walk 10+ minutes from my apartment to the SkyTrain, and another 10 minutes from the SkyTrain to the building in which I work.  And I did it more than a few times in my nice work leather shoes, and thought about it, and realized, I needed to be wearing shoes that could handle being rained on, and not care.  I needed - Crocs.

Gosh darnit, now I have a pair of Crocs, and I wear them to and from work, and just change into my swanky leather work shoes when I get to work.  And I hate to say it - they are as comfortable as my wife said they were.  If only they were more fashionable!  Because I am, in the end, a slave to fashion.

No comments: