Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Special Thailand Edition


Got the new U2 CD the day it came out.  It said 'special Thailand edition', and I bought it at a legitimate store, legitimately packaged.  What's so special about the 'special Thailand edition'?  Well, for one thing, the price.  267 baht, which at current exchange rates works out to a bit under $7.50.  For Bangkok, that's a lot, because I'm sure for 100 baht or less I could have gotten an unofficial, illegitimate copy off the street.  But it's the right thing to do, and hey, it's still cheaper than in the States.  Doing the right thing is cheaper in Bangkok, apparently.

Hope it's good - I tend to buy U2 CDs without listening to them first, more out of habit and nostalgia than anything.  One of these days they've got to lose it, don't they?  Maybe this is the one?

I have fond memories of getting two new U2 CDs while in Taiwan, though, so it should be a good experience either way.

No comments: