Saturday, July 18, 2009

Like banker's hours, but better



The hours for American Citizen Services at the US Embassy in Bangkok are 7:30AM-11, and 1-2PM each weekday, minus holidays and a Friday or two a month. Sweet.

That said, their service is excellent, and American citizens have special lines that get us in and out more quickly than everyone else, so no complaints. Plus they added a bunch of visa pages to my passport for free - which is good, because I was running out of free space since every trip to a customer involves 4 stamps (one out one in for Thailand, one in one out for the country I go to).

The new visa pages are quite beautiful, too - see the picture. They also have a famous quote on each page - this one says "We are covered by the American banner; let us cling to it, and if required, sacrifice our lives defending it". I hope my business trips don't require me to give my life for my country, but I suppose you never know.

No comments: