Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why pay more?


We bought a printer/scanner the other day, and we needed some printer paper.  We wandered over to the printer paper section of Carrefour, and I had a choice to make.  What brand?  What price?  I started with the cheapest one - the 'Shih-tzu' brand.  The package said this paper was clean, well-balanced, and faithful.  Did those qualities meet my printer paper needs?  Could I go with a different paper brand, perhaps one that was unclean, or poorly balanced, or unfaithful?  What would it be to invite unfaithful printer paper into my life?

I checked out the prices - 'Shih-tzu' paper was the cheapest on offer.  There were other brands, but some were two or three times as much (including the 'Siberian Husky' brand, which had only a picture of a dog, and no advertised qualities - are Siberian Huskies self-explanatory?  Does everyone know whether they are clean or not without being told?).

So we went with the Shih-tzu paper, and didn't look back.  We figured - with a dog this adorable staring back at us, why pay more?

No comments: